Nice to Meet You!
Thank you for visiting us during our community celebration in Harrisburg! We hope you enjoyed planting your seeds as much as we did and are ready to care for them.
Caring for Your Wildflowers
- Cover your pot with the plastic lid we provided to help keep the air humid.
- Watch and wait! Some of the seeds may take 3-4 weeks to sprout.
- Once the seeds begin to sprout, remove the plastic lid to allow more light in for the flowers.
- Water as needed.
Once your flowers start to grow, you can decide to keep them in the pot or transport them outside. If you want to move them, follow these steps:
- Dig a planting hole a little bit bigger than the plant’s pot and about as deep.
- Place the flowers in the planting hole at the same depth it was growing in the pot.
- Soak the soil around the flowers immediately to settle the roots.
Until the plants are well established, water once a day, so the soil never dries out.
Catherine Hershey Schools for Early Learning
Catherine Hershey Schools for Early Learning, a subsidiary of Milton Hershey School, will provide weekday care and education to children from birth to age 5 – at no cost to qualifying families. Incorporating the elements of nurture, play, and discover, we support children in developing the knowledge, skills, and values needed to grow into their best selves. Learn more about our enrollment process.