The IT Specialist will provide technical support of desktop and laptop computers, iPads, applications, and related technology, including multimedia carts, copiers, and peripherals, and provide help desk support to multiple CHS Centers. The IT Specialists responsibilities require independent analysis, communication and problem solving onsite/remote locations and delivery of computers, printers, and peripherals. The IT Specialist will coordinate with Central Office Information Technology team with asset and budget renewals, documentation, and audits. Starting pay is in the range of $18.49 - $24.69 per hour, based on expertise.
- Provide end user phone support, service ticket entry, status updates, equipment specifications, time entry for completed service tickets, and analysis and follow-up on outstanding service tickets
- Maintain computer, peripherals, and copiers by providing hardware upgrades, system configuration, adding peripherals and options, diagnosing, and repairing any hardware/software related problems
- Diagnose and troubleshoot issues related to applications such as Windows OS, MS Office Suites, Adobe Acrobat, Apple iOS, etc.
- Train and assist CHS employees with use of software, relevant systems, multimedia carts, and provide support to end users as needed or required
- Manage infrastructure technology assets and activities (including personal devices) for CHS Centers.
- Undertake asset management process to recommend devices that need maintenance or replacement
- Implement and integrate operational and education technology/software across CHS centers.
- Work with the Central Office IT Manager to plan system rollouts and budget renewals and assist with security, regulatory, and technology audits
- Develop and document procedures for training plans
- Oversee upgrades of existing systems and recommend upgrades for current or new systems
- Other duties as assigned
- Vocational or other technical school, certification, training, or apprenticeship required beyond high school. Associates Degree preferred
- 1-3 years of related experience
- Valid Drivers License
- Comp TIA A+ certification preferred or be able to get certified within six months of hire
- Intermediate skills with Windows, Microsoft 365, Office 365, Printers and copiers, and Network devices.
- Ability to diagnose hardware and software related problems
- Knowledge of functional areas such as telecommunications and classroom technology trends
- Comfortability with technology including MS Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and/or willingness to learn
- Advanced troubleshooting and multi-tasking
- Responsible, enthusiastic, and cares about working in a mission-focused fast-paced environment
- Ability to learn and adapt to ever changing technologies
- Ability to proactively identify problems and implement solutions
- Commitment to the mission and values of CHS and MHS and demonstrated high degree of integrity as all MHS and CHS staff are considered to be role models for students
- U.S. work authorization and successful completion of pre-employment background checks and clearances