Human Resources Generalist
CHS Hershey will be CHS’s first center and is expected to open in 2023. The two-story, 50,827-square-foot building, located at the southwest corner of Governor Road and Homestead Road, will include a Family Resource Center, an innovation lab and an experiential learning garden. The center will accommodate 150 students from birth to age 5 and is expected to employ up to 80 employees and volunteers.
The Human Resources Generalist will support the development, implementation, and administration of HR policies and procedures in the CHS Hershey Center to recruit and onboard the best staff for early childhood education. In collaboration with the CHS Central Office HR Manager, the individual will assist in coordinating efforts in recruiting, hiring, training, of staff and will work to retain high-quality employees to support the realization of the CHS mission and vision. This individual will report directly to the CHS Center Director for updates, progress, risks, and issues. Starting salary is in the range of $59,000 - $64,891 a year, based on expertise. CHS also offers an excellent benefit package including Health and Fitness and Child Care Reimbursements.
- Supporting activities relating to implementation of CHS’s recruitment within CHS Hershey Center to attract top talent and retain a high performing workforce
- Overseeing the background clearance and renewal processed for new hires, contractors, and visitors to ensure the safety and wellbeing of all students and staff
- Assisting in coordinating the implementation of employee orientation, training programs, compensation & benefits (including workers compensation and FMLA), and professional development programs
- Helping to develop and coordinate the performance management process for CHS Hershey
- Aiding in the development of performance improvement plans and corrective actions notices and mediate as needed
- Coordinating with the Central Office Human Resources Department to address and resolve employee concerns in accordance with applicable school policies and employment laws
- Fostering an environment of positive employee-relations and promote an open-door policy
- Attending recruitment events at local universities to attract students and new graduates to our open positions
- Performs routine tasks required to administer and execute human resource programs including but not limited to compensation, benefits, and leave; disciplinary matters; disputes and investigations; performance and talent management; productivity, recognition, and morale; occupational health and safety; and training and development.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or related field
- 3 years-experience in Human Resources (preferred)
- PHR/SPHR certification (preferred)
- Experience using HRIS and ATS systems (preferred, PeopleSoft experience is a plus)
- Knowledge of the ECE talent market Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities
- Responsible, enthusiastic, and working in a mission-focused organization
- Demonstrated understanding of and ability to effectively work with low-income families
- High degree of organization and ability to prioritize tasks, address concerns, and trouble shoot independently and proactively with a high degree of accuracy and customer service orientation
- Willingness to be held accountable and receive feedback
- Comfortability with technology including MS Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and/or willingness to learn
- Commitment to the mission and values of CHS and MHS and demonstrated high degree of integrity as all MHS and CHS staff are role models for students
- U.S. work authorization and successful completion of pre-employment background checks and clearances