Health Services Manager
CHS Hershey is hiring an experienced Health Services Manager with a background in Health Services, Social Work, Nursing, Public Health or Education fields.
This individual must care deeply about the health and well-being of children and should be experienced in managing both internal and external care providers across multiple disciplines. The Health Services Manager will oversee activities related to health policies and services for CHS Hershey, including the delivery and administration of health and behavioral services to ensure quality and safety. The Manager will work to understand the needs of families at CHS Hershey and help to shape the scope of services provided by partnering with local providers to guide families in receiving such services. The Health Services Manager supports the team with developing and implementing behavioral interventions and delivering classroom support. The position provides education and guidance to families, and colleagues about social emotional development and positive classroom behaviors.
This individual will work closely with professionals at other CHS centers to maintain consistency in health policies and procedures. This individual is part of the CHS Hershey team, reporting to the Center Director. Starting salary is in the range of $57,997 - $77,426 a year based on expertise.
- Overseeing the provision and coordination of health services to children and families enrolled in the program
- Identifying key health needs and interventions for children in collaboration with the family engagement team
- Managing the early intervention referral process for children, as well as delivery of services, in coordination with Family Engagement teams
- Communicating with parents and lead meetings where difficult issues arise
- Building and establishing partnerships to support child health needs
- Managing support services providers and paraprofessionals
- Providing supervision to and ensure that all health staff are complying with appropriate regulations
- Ensuring implementation of policies and procedures for safety practices in conjunction with the Central Office Health Services team
- Implementing corrective initiatives and track most common issues and/or trends
- Staying updated and informed on child health best practices (e.g. trauma-informed care, etc.) and regulatory requirements for supporting all childrens success, birth to age five.
- Bachelors in Health Services, Social Work, Nursing, Public Health, Education or related field
- 5 years of experience in health services area (preferred)
- License to practice in Pennsylvania
- Ability to correspond and establish supportive relationships with caseworkers, parent/guardians, staff, and children
- Knowledge of the States health and safety requirements (DHS/OCDEL, DOH, OSHA, ADA) and NAEYC standards
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities
- Responsible, enthusiastic, and cares about working in a mission-focused organization
- Demonstrated understanding of and ability to effectively work with low-income families (preferred)
- Ability to proactively identify problems and implement solutions
- Willingness to be held accountable and receive feedback
- Comfortability with technology including MS Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and/or willingness to learn
- Exceptional interpersonal skills including the ability to influence, lead, and educate teams
- Commitment to the mission and values of CHS and MHS and demonstrated high degree of integrity as all MHS and CHS staff are considered to be role models for students
- U.S. work authorization and successful completion of pre-employment background checks and clearances